Benefits of Quitting Sugar after Weight Loss SurgeryAfter weight loss surgery, one of the most harmful things you can put into your body is sugar. You have probably heard people in the bariatric community talk about how you must consume a low sugar diet after surgery, but is it really that important? Today, we are going to explore the many benefits of saying goodbye to sugar after weight loss surgery.
- Kimberly H.
- Tags: Addiction After Surgery Bariatric Blogs Bariatric Eating Bariatric Food Source Bariatric Patients Bariatric Surgery cravings Dumping Syndrome energy food Food Addiction Foods To Avoid gastric bypass gastric sleeve healthy healthy treats Kimberly H. Lifestyle Change Nutrition Physical Health Special Guest Blogger substitutions sugar Weight Loss Journey Weight Loss Surgery
How to exercise without even realizing it
Weight loss surgery is a lifestyle change. You cannot simply just have the surgery and expect everything to get better overnight. You have to put in work to lose the weight and keep it off for good. So much of this journey is about what you are eating, but you cannot forget about the exercise portion of this as well.
- Kimberly H.
- Tags: Achievable Activities After Surgery Bariatric Blogs Bariatric Food Source Bariatric Patients Bariatric Surgery cardio energy Exercise goals gym healthy hobbies Journey Keep Weight Off Kimberly H. Lifestyle Change Love Yourself Mental Health Mental Journey Nutrition outside exercise Physical Health Smart Goals Special Guest Blogger stay active Walking Weight Loss Journey Weight Loss Surgery Weight Training Workouts
Following Bariatric Guidelines while on VacationThe weather is finally starting to warm up and we are all starting to come out of quarantine a little more. This means some people are starting to take vacations again. If you have recently had weight loss surgery or are still within your first year after the procedure, you might be a little nervous to take a little break and go somewhere. If you are like me, you might be a creature of habit and hopefully ever since your surgery, you have been forming new healthy habits that you are starting to make into your new routine. When we go on vacation, we are obviously out of our routine.
- Kimberly H.
- Tags: After Surgery Bariatric Blogs Bariatric Eating Bariatric Food Source Bariatric Patients Bariatric Surgery Exercise food healthy healthy treats Journey Keep Weight Off Kimberly H. Lifestyle Change Nutrition Special Guest Blogger stay active stay on track vacation Weight Loss Journey
Can you be vegetarian after weight loss surgery?If you are considering bariatric surgery, you probably have a lot of questions. A common question that gets asked by potential patients is whether or not it is safe to be vegetarian after surgery. We all know how different our lives are after weight loss surgery. There are so many things you have to be aware of and one of the most important things to remember is how important protein is after surgery. So, if protein is the number one food you need to make sure you are consuming, can you still get enough if you are vegetarian after bariatric surgery?
What are you going to do differently this year?It’s the New Year, which means it is the perfect time to reflect on your life and where you want to improve. I think this is an activity you should be doing at all times throughout the year, but especially at the beginning when you feel renewed. There is a healthy way to do this activity though, because you do not want to go too extreme where it will backfire on you. There are so many times that I have set unrealistic resolutions and within a couple weeks, I have done more damage than good.
- Kimberly H.
- Tags: Achievable Bariatric Blogs Bariatric Food Source Bariatric Patients Bariatric Surgery Bariatrics Changes goals healthy Journey Kimberly H. Lifestyle Change Mental Journey New Year new you Physical Health realistic Smart Goals Special Guest Blogger Weight Loss Journey Weight Loss Surgery
Preparing for ThanksgivingIt’s that time of year again. The time that a lot of bariatric patients dread because food is everywhere. Thanksgiving is a wonderful celebration with family and friends, but after weight loss surgery, it can be quite challenging. Life can be very different for bariatric patients because the way we look at food has to change. It takes time to truly learn your new lifestyle after the procedure, which can make the holiday season a little harder.
Relationship Changes after Weight Loss SurgeryAfter weight loss surgery, your life is completely different. You are eating differently, becoming more active, and just looking at life in a different way. More than likely, this will affect your relationships with other people.
My Top 5 Regrets after Weight Loss SurgeryWeight loss surgery changed my life and I am so happy that I went through with it. There have been so many positive changes that came after my extreme weight loss and I am forever thankful for my lifelong tool. However, it was not always an easy journey.
- Kimberly H.
- Tags: Acceptance After Surgery Bariatric Blogs Bariatric Food Source Bariatric Patients Bariatric Surgery Bariatrics confidence insecurities Journey Kimberly H. Lifestyle Change Love Yourself Mental Health Mental Journey My Bariatric Story Regrets Special Guest Blogger Struggles Weight Loss Journey Weight Loss Surgery